Not so fast, Mr Sunshine
You just ain't all that
Ya barely even know me
And you really need a hat
Besides...
I haven't had my breakfast, yet
I'm totally out of Pops
I haven't seen the light of day
Hell! It's barely two o clock
What the heck ya doin' here?
I thought you lived in Kan-sas
I thought you lived with Pret-ty People
Pretending to be O-na-sis
You gave me Hope, Mr Sunshine
And you even made me Dream
You made me Want, Mr Sunshine
And you freakin' made me scream
What the heck ya doin' here
All nice n buff n lean?
The letters that I wrote ya, then
All kept coming back
I tried to use the stamps, again
But...
Weird Mr Postman Jack
Just wasn't havin'
Any kind of that
I tried to make you like me...
I did EVERYTHING I could
I even ate the oceans rubble
Topped with nasty
And a dash of wood
What the...
Are you doin' here?
Could you be lost, again?
Are you lookin' for a lil' "sum...sum"
With kitty number two-thousand ten?
Hey, Mr Sunshine
What da ya have to say?
Are ya here to make a go of things
Or would you rather play?
I never...
For the life of me
Thought I'd see your face
Smiling in the flesh, again
Reaching for my waist
Hey, Mr Sunshine
Wanna have some fun?
I know a little restaurant
Where the ladies wear a gun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man---another beautiful piece of poetic sweetness and sass and mystery. Love it!!!
ReplyDelete