Friday, December 18, 2009

The Toytie Chronicles Chapter 2

Fourteen years ago I stumbled out of a deep and solicitous sleep when I looked over and caught a queer glimpse of a beautifully chizzled creature radiating an unbelieveable glow only seen in movies. The religious experience definitely toyed with my early morning cloudiness. And afraid to touch him for fear he would disintegrate or just hop away, I left his side and found myself perched in a glass block window of sunlight...lost of the present, skipping thoughts as one would a dusty card file in a very large, very quiet library. I was overcome with unwanted sadness and fear that weighed heavy yet ironically inviting. Time passed so slowly as the reverie commenced. I just wish it hadn't passed at all. I couldn't wait for the sleeping creature to emerge from the cocoon from which we wove. I needed him to shatter the grim and stealthy silence. I needed him to open his heart and pull me in. How could I do it? What would I say? How could I keep my radiant froggie deep within the depths of my soul? I wanted to crush him with my love-filled frame, but dared not reveal my crazed and perpetual love for my perfect little creature. I wanted him more than I could fathom. And before he could open his big brown, delicious eyes he groped the nest from which we shared...body and soul...searching for the curvacious embodiment from which he nestled, while the moon stood guard. His eyes glistened as he found his heated blanket of flesh perched in the blinding window of time. The silence would soon be broken and so would my heart. Time would run away and leave me with sadness...warm sadness...filled with tiny blissful moments of truth.

1 comment:

  1. Yearning...aching...needing...hoping...wondering...smiling...excited...about the great unkown...about the mysterious and beautiful creature that I still see in that veil of light...

    ReplyDelete