Black Orchids were delivered to the hospital, today
Ironically, they weren't for Dad
The note attached...inexplicably read..."Dear John"...
My Heart dropped
My Spirit fell
And my body stiffened
The orchids...were for Me
Overwhelmed and dumb founded
I slumped into an overly erect Waiting Room chair
And froze
Fathers procedure was only suppose to take forty-five minutes
But, as time crept past the second hour...
Anxiety-ridden innards...
Imploded
Jilted and crushed...
I begrudgingly continued to breathe
The empty...
Nose-dripping waiting room
Grew colder and smaller
With every pain stricken word
My eyes took on an ineffable
Yet, piercing glare
While their tiny enhanced tear ducts
Quivered within explosive enemy lines
Years of heartfelt
Fantasy driven disappointments...
Immersed
Dreams of "crazy happy Love"...
Disintegrated
I didn't think I'd ever see the light of day
After he and his brother sputtered off
That deliriously dank Summer night
But plans for a long-awaited reunion
Were underway
Or, at least...
I thought they were
The tone of the life changing message
Bore apologetic indecisiveness and paranoia
My mind fell numb
And without hesitation...
I walked away from the abrupt dissolution
And left the "Waiting Room"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paranoia---no!!!!! Indecisiveness---yeah, you got me there. Confusion---a little. Desire---no waning of that. There is still a connection. I think you know it too. I want to see you, Louie, and whether you stop here or not, I will come see you! I know it in my heart of hearts---in my soul...
ReplyDelete