The Person I See in The Mirror
Is Not the Same Person You See
I'm An Aging...Empty Woman
With a Dead Pan Face
Covered in Stress Related Welts
Living in an Oversized, Snot Ridden T-Shirt
I've Lost my Way
Love is a Strange and Wonderful Thing
It Can Take You to Unthinkable Heights
And Never Before Seen Lows
It has a Mind and a Direction
Unknown to any Mortal Alive
It Can't be Controlled,
Forced, Faked or Mimicked
But It Does Like to Play Games
With Your Mind
And Just like Beauty...
It Blossoms and Fades
Over Time
Dad Professed His Psycho Nurturing Love to Mother
With Delicious Mouthwatering Banana Splits...
Compliments of Dairy Queen
Twice a Month
Like Clockwork
Whether I Had a Small Vanilla Cone
In Hand or Not
Mom's Scrumptious Boat of Joy
Had My Name Drizzled All Over It
Nestled Within the Twin Peaks of Potassium
Under Billowy Clouds of Cool Whip
Erupted Benign Balls of Heaven
Covered in Thick Decadent Chocolate Sauce
While Swimming With Nutty Chunks of Pineapple
And Strawberry Madness
Holy! Ape Shit!
I Loved Those Plastic Spoon Days of Psycho Nurturing Love
But...I've Never Purchased My Very Own "Boat of Joy"
Deep Down in The Back of My Mind
It's Like Buying Long Stem Roses for Myself
On Valentines Day...
Unfathomable
Over the Years...
Gallons and Gallons of Comfort Food
Have Made their way into my House of Horrors
But I've Never Been on the Receiving End
Of Psycho Nurturing Love
Maybe, It's Time
To Put on My "Big Boy Pants"
And Accept the Fact
That Love is No Longer an Option
My "Boat of Joy"...
Has Long Since Sailed
Acquiring Credit at The Local Yarn Barn
Is Far from Mouthwatering
But...It's Attainable
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sometimes I think we should both be in big boy pants---One Pair---me and you in a two-legged race of life and love, followed by a boat of psycho nurturing love that you so deserve to savor and let drip down your stately, smart chin, your politely sweet and honest lips, and you should have a taste of this everyday, with a kindred psycho soul. Love is yours to have, Louie. You are love, you give love, so it is there for your embracing. Your boat has just not left dockside yet, but it's in the shipyard being tended to, so it can spread it's sails and soar, and I hope I fantasize that I could be your first mate; your navigator and comforting soul through all manner of tempests as well as the calm seas and exotic locales, and slow, quiet, Caribbean-esque days of lounging in love. Louie--- the adventure is never over. The tides are cyclical but constant, and each one unique, and connected to the celestial heavens, just like we are all connected to thenAll. I am connected to you. I am your tug boat, leading you to safe shores, yet unexplored shores await as well. Aye Aye, Captain Louie N London?
ReplyDelete