Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Dose of Reality

As a middle-aged woman, I enjoy washing my face of dirt, tears and make-up. Soap should be advertised with the angle that it is truly a pain reliever. Water alone relieves nothing, but add a little soap and you've changed your whole outlook on a tired situation. It removes dirt from the skin, pain from the heart and salty tears from a once colorful face...and it does it with a clean scent of hope.

Night-cream on the other hand, polishes the skin for a brand new beginning. It preps and moisturizes the skin for new pollution, brighter make-up and unwanted tears. Every night I shower, bad thoughts, silly dreams and poor choices trudge down a clogged drain. But, when I apply night-cream, it gives me a sense of hope for a brand new beginning with a much younger and fresher face. But then morning creeps up with Roosters in sync, and I am faced with the same ole face. New age spots peek out from under what optimists call "laugh lines" and I don't look any younger. Nothing has changed. I'm still the same ole middle-aged woman with the same ole drama I had the day before and the day before that. My heart still aches...My mind still wanders and my ass still shakes when I don't want it to. Night-cream is merely a new beginning to a nightly ritual middle-aged women...like myself are eager to partake in... to be something we no longer are...young and beautiful. (I think I need a shrink.)

Keeping it real!

Sioux

1 comment:

  1. You don't need a shrink. And you are hot!!!! I love the entire package--body, mind and soul!!!

    ReplyDelete