Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Wall Of Thorns

Metal-n-Bones...
Metal-n-Bones...

I Hear The Sound
Of Metal-n-Bones

I Hear The Sound
Of Desperation

I Hear The Sound
Of No One There

I Hear The Sound
Of Sarah's Cries

I Hear The Sound
Of Sarah's Prayer

I Hear The Sound
Of Pain

The Wall Of Thorns
Was All She Knew...
The Wall Of Thorns
Meant Shame

She Feared The Darkness
As Well As The Sun

She Challenged Her Deity
Run After Run

She Welcomed The Rain
And Strived For Madness

She Held The Weight
And Stood

The Wall Of Thorns
Was All She Knew...
The Wall of Thorns
Was All She Could

A Safer Place
To Drift And Dance
A Tiny Place
To Flee
A Sacred Place
To Dream Of Chance
A Sacred Place
To Be

The Wall Of Thorns
Was All She Knew...
The Wall Of Thorns
Was Free

I Hear The Sound
Of Metal-N-Bones

I Hear The Sound
Of Me

The Wall Of Thorns
Was All She Knew...
The Wall Of Thorns
Was Free

1 comment:

  1. That is a poem that makes me think and really pine for Sarah. Metal n Bones----wow---Louie you are a poet of the highest order. :)

    ReplyDelete